- To impart knowledge of Computer Applications for bringing out competent computing professionals with virtuous values and social responsibilities
- To provide equitable access to high-grade and value-based education in computer applications for students.
- To nurture their skills to design and develop systems for real life problems.
- To facilitate consultancy service to the corporate and foster research.
- To develop skills knowledgeably to meet the ever-changing needs of society.
History of the Department
The Department of Computer Applications was started in the academic year 1995 - 1996 which is AICTE approved programme and also the department offers PGDCA programme. The sanctioned strength for MCA programme is 30. The backbone of the department is a team of well qualified, experienced and committed faculty members who contribute to the development of the academic expertise and interpersonal skills of the students. The department is equipped with spacious class rooms, conference hall with LCD projector, Computer Lab and Language Lab with internet connectivity and a well established library with 2500 text and reference books, 4500 E-books and 17 journals.
The Department of Computer Applications also offers a University Affiliated Post Graduate Diploma Course in Computer Applications.
Highlights of the Department
- To develop and enhance students career and project upliftment, 5 MoUs have been initiated with
- ♣ Elysium Academy Private Limited, Madurai
- ♣ Kuruntham International, Aruppukottai
- ♣ Phoenix Softech, Madurai
- ♣ Techvolt Soffware Private Ltd., Coimbatore
- ♣ Zealsoft Technology Solutions, Madurai
- Students were placed in reputed IT companies like Accenture, Tata Consultancy Services, Stradegi Solutions, Techvolt, Zencrop, Vertical Solutions, Super Botics Multi Tech Private Ltd. etc.
- International Programmers Day September 13th is celebrated every year by conducting both interdepartmental and intradepartmental competitions.
- Swachh Bharat Day October 2nd is celebrated every year to promote cleanliness and hygiene by organising different competitions at departmental and interdepartmental level.
- State of art computer lab with latest software tools.
- Good Internet facilities for students.
- Enhancing knowledge, skills and learning capability with the help of state of art computer lab with latest software tools and good collection of books in departmental library.
- Workshops, Guest lectures are organized by the department to impart the knowledge of current trends to the students.