- To organise trade stalls and sell products in the college premises
- To inculcate entrepreneurial culture among the students and create a passion for self-employment
- To develop entrepreneurial & intrapreneurial traits like creativity, leadership, decision making, analytical skills, etc. among students to be a successful entrepreneur.
- To learn by practice the roles of managerial personnel by assuming different managerial positions in organising stall activities.
Young Minds, a campus company, was established in 2013 that provides the platform to the students in practicing and experiencing entrepreneurship.
The students create a team, discuss about the procuring products, how they will be displayed, the marketing tactics that will be used, the product’s price, sales and accounts maintenance. These activities instill in the students the best entrepreneurial practices and culture. The junior students take over the business from the seniors to continue in their successful footsteps after the senior students' glorious completion as shareholders.
To sum up,
- Setting up stalls and selling products that are of appeal to students, teaching and nonteaching staff in college
- Selecting products for sale, procurement of raw materials, preparing products, marketing them and handling accounts for all the activities.
- Review the stall activities for further improvement in subsequent stalls.
Young Minds, a Campus Company was started in the second year of starting Entrepreneurship & Talent Development Cell in 2013-14. The purpose was to offer practical knowledge to the students of MBA about the entrepreneurial and managerial theory and concepts.
The students, as a part of the Campus Company initiative, will organise themselves into groups (as in companies) and assume different managerial positions and perform related managerial activities. The stalls display products that will target the audience in the college, i.e. the students and staff members. Affordable to premium products will be available for sale in the stall. Every year, II MBA students will organise stalls in the odd semester and hand over the same to their juniors (I MBA) in the even semester. In this way, each batch of MBA students will get the opportunity to organise stall activities for 2 semesters. Each student will invest Rs.100 and produce / buy products and sell them. The products that appeal to the students and staffs will be avaialble for sale. The aim is to make students learn managerial and entrepreneurial skills.
Apart from this, the studetns also organised a mega-trade fair called VYAPAR for two days once evey year. For this event, they will invest Rs.1000 each and source and make products. Best Stalls will be selected after evaluation by external judges on parameters innovation, concept, display, variety of products, coordination and presentation and awarded as BEST VYAPARI - Winner and Runner-up.
Since its inception, the company has gradually increased in terms of variety and quantity of product offerings in the stall. The products will range from snacks and other eatables, cosmetics, fashion accessories, dress materials, household items, toys, stationeries, etc. The products will also cover artistic and aesthetic home-decor collections.