The history of V.V.Vanniaperumal College for Women, a temple of learning founded by a great visionary Shri V.V.Vanniaperumal Nadar with a singular objective of empowering rural women through higher education, is a saga of human excellence, endurance and commitment for six decades.
Having started with a meagre strength in 1962, the institution has grown by leaps and bounds into one of the reputed women's colleges in Tamilnadu. The strength has reached 3753 students of which 1825 are admitted in aided programmes and 1928 are admitted in self finance programmes. The college offers 27 UG programmes, 13 PG programmes and 6 Ph.D. programmes. At present, there are 206 teaching faculty members in our college. There are earnest and enthusiastic 196 non-teaching staff. The college became an autonomous institution in 2009 and it was reaccredited with 'A' GRADE (3rd cycle) in 2018 by NAAC.