Department of Library
- The vision of the library is to support the Institution and its stakeholders by providing seamless access to the widest possible spectrum of information resources relevant to the curricular, informational and innovative research needs of the academic community.
- The mission of the library is to provide the stakeholders with the information they need to achieve their highest academic potential and help them acquire research skills necessary for lifelong learning.
- To impart qualitative and quantitative academic service to the community.
- To exploit knowledge through state-of-art technology.
- To satisfy the academic needs in turn serve the society through the vision and mission of the college.
- Mrs. R.Ananthi, B.A.,
- Mrs. M.Aruna Devi, B.E.,
- Mrs.R.Velammal, B.Sc.,
- ♦ "Vasikka Vanga" S.S.S.M.SELVARAJAN-MEENATCHI Rolling Shield launched for ONE DAY STATE LEVEL INTER COLLEGIATE LIBRARY CARNIVAL in the year 2018 and is organized every year.
- ♦ ONE DAY INTRA COLLEGIATE LIBRARY CARNIVAL conducted every year for our college students.
- ♦ Non Major Elective course - Library and Information Science course incepted for II year Under Graduate students from the year 2019 and is conducted every year.
- ♦ NDLI activities such as guest lectures, hands on training, competitions etc., related to e-Resources implemented.
- ♦ PaperRater.com is our anti plagiarism premium software for enchancing research publications.
- ♦ Library hour to impart knowledge on current affairs.
- ♦ Pioneer in using FOSS (Free Open Source Software) for automation, digitization, website creation.
- ♦ Open Access System.
- ♦ WebOPACs (Web Online Public Access Catalog).
- ♦ Premium member of UGC-NLIST, DELNET, AMAZON KINDLE UNLIMITED.
- ♦ Institutional member in Bookshare.org, the world’s largest online library for Print Disabled from California, USA.
- ♦ Institutional member in National Digital Library of India (NDLI).
- ♦ Remote access to e-resources.
- ♦ NPTEL Video Lectures.
- ♦ Knowledge sharing service to other institutions.
- ♦ Linked to lot of electronic secondary sources and databases.
- ♦ e-Gate (Automated gate entry system).
- ♦ "Best Library User Awards" to frequent users.
- ♦ Part - V - Library and Information Science Course.
- ♦ "KNOW YOUR LIBRARY" Exhibition.
- ♦ Book Exhibition.
- ♦ Organizing Guest Lecture for Part - V LIS Students.
- ♦ “Earn While You Learn” scheme implemented to help the needy students.
- ♦ NDLI Club Activities are done periodically.
- ♦ Dedicated DIVYANGJAN system.
- ♦ Awareness programmes for DIVYANGJAN through Bookshare.org.
- ♦ Dedicated systems for research scholars.
- ♦ “Career Launcher” section for competitive examination candidates.
- ♦ “Project Premkumar Reading Marathon” in collaboration with Rotary Club of Virudhunagar.
- ♦ Awarded as Best Club by NDLI.
- ♦ Over 4 Lakh visitors in the library blog.
- ♦ IRs and Summative Question papers in library website.
Library Website :https://sites.google.com/view/vvvclibraryweb
Library Blog :http://vvvclibrary.blogspot.in/
- Total Number of Books: 67279
- Total Number of Gift Books: 3049
- Total Number of Minor Research Project Books: 1093
- Total Number of e-Resources subscribed: 5
- AMAZON KINDLE UNLIMITED
- PAPERRATER.COM(Anti plagiarism Tool)
- Life Positive | e-zine
- Total Number of Periodicals: 89
- Total Number of Journals : 52
- Total Number of Magazines : 25
- Total Number of Newspapers : 12
- Number of M.Phil Dissertation : 249
Non Print (CDs)
- Books and Journals : 1523
- College Magazines: 63
- Question Papers: 54
- College Handbooks: 60
- Department Magazine : 96
VVVC Bibliographic Databases
- Lib : 59078
- Book Bank: 7259
- Text Book: 599
- FIST : 143
- DBT : 200
- Thesis (Dissertations): 249
- Syllabus : 70
- Question Papers : 54
Electronic Links To:
- Thesis and Dissertations
- Secondary sources
- Full articles
- Audio Books
- Soft Skills
- Important Institutions
- Career guidance
- Videos - Academics, Inspirational, Career
- e-zines (Electronic Magazines)