Department of Library
- ♣ To impart qualitative and quantitative academic service to the community.
- ♣ To exploit knowledge through state-of-art technology.
- ♣ To satisfy the academic needs in turn serve the society through the vision and mission of the college.
- Mrs. R.Ananthi, B.A.,
- Mrs. R.Gayathri, B.Com.,
- Mrs. M.Aruna Devi, B.E.,
- ♦ "Vasikka Vanga" S.S.S.M.SELVARAJAN-MEENATCHI Rolling Shield launched for ONE DAY STATE LEVEL INTER COLLEGIATE LIBRARY CARNIVAL in the year 2018 and is organized every year.
- ♦ ONE DAY INTRA COLLEGIATE LIBRARY CARNIVAL conducted every year for our college students.
- ♦ Non Major Elective course - Library and Information Science course incepted for II year Under Graduate students from the year 2019 and is conducted every year.
- ♦ NDLI activites such as guest lectures, hands on training, competitions etc., related to e-Resources implemented.
- ♦ PaperRater.com is our anti plagiarism premium software for enchancing research publications.
- ♦ Library hour to impart knowledge on current affairs.
- ♦ Pioneer in using FOSS (Free Open Source Software) for automation, digitization, website creation.
- ♦ Open Access System.
- ♦ OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog).
- ♦ Members of DELNET, UGC NLIST, AMAZON KINDLE, NDL, SWAYAM.
- ♦ Remote Access to e-resources.
- ♦ NPTEL Video Lectures.
- ♦ Knowledge sharing service to other institutions.
- ♦ Linked to lot of electronic secondary sources and databases.
- ♦ Automated gate entry system.
- ♦ "Best Library User Awards" to frequent users.
- ♦ Part - V - Library and Information Science Course.
- ♦ "KNOW YOUR LIBRARY" Exhibition.
- ♦ Book Exhibition
- ♦ Organizing Guest Lecture for Part - V LIS Students.
- ♦ “Earn While You Learn” scheme implemented to help the needy students.
- ♦ NDLI Club Activities are done periodically.
- Total Number of Books: 66378
- Total Number of Gift Books: 2776
- Total Number of Minor Research Project Books: 1093
- Total Number of e-Resources subscribed: 4
- AMAZON KINDLE
- Total Number of Periodicals: 32
- Total Number of Journals : 12
- Total Number of Magazines : 14
- Total Number of Newspapers : 6
- Number of M.Phil Dissertation : 249
Non Print (CDs)
- Books and Journals : 1523
- College Magazines: 60
- Question Papers: 48
- College Handbooks: 59
- Department Magazine : 40
- Books : 58184
- Book Bank: 7259
- Text Book: 599
- FIST : 143
- DBT : 193
- M.Phil Thesis: 249
- Syllabus : 68
- Question Papers : 48
Electronic Links To:
- Thesis and Dissertations
- Secondary sources
- Full articles
- Audio Books
- Soft Skills
- Important Institutions
- Career guidance
- Videos - Academics, Inspirational, Career
- e-zines (Electronic Magazines)