Department of Physical Education
A healthy mind exists only in a Healthy body. Realizing this fact, V.V.Vanniaperumal College for Women encourages total participation of all its students in Sports and games.
To develop and empower the students through Physical Activity, improvise the skill of sports students through practice, provide opportunities to excel through team competitions while developing and fostering a lifetime commitment to wellness.
INCEPTION OF THE DEPARTMENT : 1962
Directress of Physical Education :
Our Department's Aim:
- ♣ To optimize Physical development, growth and fitness and foster a sense of well being.
- ♣ To provide opportunity for social development through learning to co-operate with others and function as part of a group.
- ♣ To provide opportunity for problem solving and decision making.
- ♣ To enable pupils to experience the success of competition.
- ♣ To re-enforce and develop current work in other curriculum areas through cross curricular links.
History of the Department
The Department of Physical Education has been established since the inception of the College. Due care was given in laying out the different courts and formation of college teams. Since 1962, the Department of Physical Education gone through many developments including construction of two Volleyball courts with flood light facility in the academic year 2014 – 2015 with assistance of UGC and in the academic year 2015-2016, the management constructed a cement Basketball court with flood light facility and in the year 2016-2017, a 50 bedded Sports hostel was constructed more than a crore value with a assistance of 80 lakhs from the UGC.
- NIS certified coaches have been appointed to train the students in various disciplines.
- Identifying the new talents and train the students to form college teams.
- Our teams regularly participate in Madurai Kamaraj inter collegiate competitions, state, National level and international level.
- To provide opportunities to the students at the institution to develop and display their skills in various sports activities, the Department also conducts inter house competitions at our own play grounds.
- To provide opportunities to the students for fun and enjoyment the intramural competitions
- We established a well-equipped fitness Centre with latest equipment.
Our College promotes the following sports and games :
- ♣ Hockey
- ♣ Basketball
- ♣ Volleyball
- ♣ Table Tennis
- ♣ Athletics
- ♣ Ball Badminton
- ♣ Badminton
- ♣ Chess
- ♣ Kho Kho
- ♣ Handball
- ♣ Weight Lifting
- ♣ Yoga