- To educate rural women in the field of research and academics with excellent state-of-art Biotechnological skills to serve for the benefit of mankind.
- To impart quality education in Biotechnology to the students with sound disciplinary knowledge.
- To become competent Biotechnologists who will be able to apply the basic principles and techniques of life sciences to solve a wide array of problems to facilitate human welfare in various fields such as health, agriculture and industry with socio-ethical consideration.
History of the Department
The Department of Biotechnology was established in 2010 offering under graduate programme in Biotechnology. The Department has qualified and experienced faculty members. Moreover the Department is granted with DBT-star college scheme. Under this scheme the department is facilitated with modern equipments and organizes various activities like Guest lectures, Seminars, Hands on training programmes. Workshops, FDPs, Outreach programmes etc.The department is upgraded in a new building equipped with spacious class rooms, Smart class room, laboratories in Molecular biology, Plant tissue culture, Microbiology, Biochemistry, BioInstrumentation and Bioinformatics etc.
Highlights of the Department
- The Department is granted with DBT-Star college scheme from 2020-2023.
- Our meritorious alumni are Pursuing research and many of them are well placed as Medical coders, Research Associates, Lab analyst, Entrepreneurs etc.
- Our students are placed in state government jobs and as technicians in hospitals.
Our Department has well equipped laboratory to improve practical skills.
- Research Articles are published in the reputed National and International journals.
- Papers are presented regularly in National and International conferences.
- Workshops, Seminars, Lectures by experts, Hands on training programmes, outreach programmes are regularly organized.
- Internship and project are introduced in curriculum to expose the students to industry environment. Industrial and institute visits are arranged for our students every year.
- Every year National Pollution control Day is commemorated on December 2nd by conducting Interdepartmental competitions to create awareness among the students